Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Women behind Bars on WE

I was on an episode of "Women behind Bars" on WE (Women's Entertainment) last night that featured the story of Natasha Cornett, the teen who was part of the Lillelid murder and in my documentary Six. I thought they did a very nice job of telling several sides of the story from the perspective of experts, law enforcement and Cornett herself. You can watch the episode if you are a night owl (or have insomnia) again tonight at 2 AM eastern. For those who have more normal hours, it airs at other times noted here.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was she a put-upon saint? I've seen several shows of this kind on "women's tv", and they always paint female offenders in very, very favorable light, one I'm sure no male offender would merit.

7:10 PM, June 18, 2009  
Blogger Helen said...

randian,

Surprisingly, no, Cornett was not portrayed as a put-upon saint. I agree that women are given more sympathy than any man would get in these shows typically but I thought WE did a good job of simply telling the story and letting the viewer figure it out.

7:35 AM, June 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home